Here are some frequently asked questions. Please send us an email if you can not find the answers to your questions below or in our website.
- How to get to Divers Lodge Lembeh?
- Which projects do I contribute to by staying at one or more of your resorts?
- Is electricity 24h a day?/ Hot Water showers/Air conditioning?
- Is there internet connection?
- How can I pay?
- When is the best time to visit Lembeh?
- How many dives can I do booking non-limit diving package?
- Is there malaria risk in the area?
- How is the diving organized?
- Is there Nitrox?
- Can I get a refund for unused dives?
- How much is a single surcharge?
- Where is the closest hyperbaric chamber?
- Are children welcome?
1. Divers Lodge Lembeh is only a 90 minute drive and a 15 minute boat ride away from the Sam Ratulangi International Airport in Manado. At the moment the only international flights operated by Silk air arrive from Singapore on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Manado as a hub for North Sulawesi services many daily domestic flights from Jakarta, Makassar, Ternate, Denpasar, Surabaya, Balikpapan and many other cities. The transfers to our other 2 resorts, Weda Resort and Magic Bay Rao are pleasant and and not too long trips. We will be happy to arrange your transfer at any time of the day or night.
2. By staying with us you support our 4 Kindergarten schools, our adult education center, our forest conservation program, our sea turtle project and other foundation activities.
3. Yes, Divers Lodge Lembeh provides electricity round the clock. All our bathrooms are western style with flush toilets and hot showers. 2 of our bungalows have air conditioning.
4. There is free WiFi in the lounge/restaurant area. If necessary it is possible to use one of our computers in the office. If you want to print your flight tickets, itineraries, etc., we will be happy to do it for you.
5. We accept transfers on our bank account in the Netherlands in Euros, as well as transfers to our bank in Indonesia in Euros, US dollars and Rupiah. Payments via Pay Pal are also possible but bring extra costs. It is possible to make a payment by sending us the details as they show at the front of your credit card.
6. Diving in Lembeh is great in any season. In July and August the water temperature drops a little to be as low as 25-27°C but many critters come up to the shallower areas. It is a great time to see baby frog fish of many different colors. From the end of April to October it is sometimes impossible to dive at the ocean side of Lembeh due to strong wind and high waves.
7. Divers Lodge Lembeh is very proud that we can make your diver’s dream come true: diving from a Private Boat with a Private Guide, at very affordable rates. Also with our, even more budget friendly, “shared boat” options you can get the best out of your stay at Lembeh Strait. only 2 divers/1guide ratio, no limit on dive time. If you come single and we do not have a buddy for you with the same interests and style of diving, you will be diving alone with one of our guides, without surcharge.
We do not offer our “non-limit diving” packages which included a private boat anymore. Instead, you can book a private boat for even if you make only 2 dives per day. However 5 dives per day is still possible.
8. There is never 100 percent guarantee with malaria but in Lembeh we have never had any malaria cases among our guests. The risk of malaria is much lower than in Papua. The bungalows can be kept free of insects very easily. Mosquito repellent is provided in each bungalow.
9. No deco profiles. Our guides don’t touch or harass underwater creatures and we appreciate if our guests don’t do that either. There are many stinging fish and coral in Lembeh strait and divers have to pay special attention not to get stung or bitten.
10. We offer Nitrox 32 at IDR 50.000/EUR 3.00* per tank
11. We do not ask for any deposit payment to confirm your reservation. A copy of your confirmed flights is sufficient. We do not offer packages but you simply pay for what your really did afterwards. There is no cancellation fee. But, payment can also be done in advance. If you want to prepay, we offer you a 10% discount on the part of your reservation you pay in advance. To receive the 10% discount, you have to ask for this when you make the reservation and let us know which part of your booking you want to prepay. We will send you an invoice promptly and the invoice must been paid within 1 week after receiving your invoice. For any reservation made shorter than 30 days before your arrival date, we cannot offer this discount. By paying when you make your reservation you exclude also possible negative fluctuations in the exchange rates. Please note that there is no refund at all of this amount in case you cancel your trip, for whatever reason. Please note that we have to release your temporary reservations after 7 days, if we did not receive a copy of your tickets or a payment.
12. Single surcharge: Tupai, Paniki, Tarsius, Rajawali = IDR 200.000 per night (EUR* 12 / USD* 13)
Soa Soa, Penyu, Kura Kura = IDR 350.000 per night (EUR* 21 / USD* 23)
Musang = IDR 500.000 per night (EUR* 30 / USD* 33)
13. In Manado, a 2-hour drive from Bitung
14. Children are very welcome. On request we have professional babysitters full time available for you.