Here are some frequently asked questions. Please send us an email if you can not find the answers to your questions below or in our website.
- How to get to Divers Lodge Lembeh?
- Is electricity 24h a day?
- Is there internet connection?
- How can I pay?
- When is the best time to visit Lembeh?
- How many dives can I do booking non-limit diving package?
- Is there malaria risk in the area?
- How is the diving organized?
- Is there Nitrox?
- Can I get a refund for unused dives?
- How much is a single surcharge?
- Where is the closest hyperbaric chamber?
1. Divers Lodge Lembeh is only a 90 minute drive and a 15 minute boat ride away from the Sam Ratulangi International Airport in Manado. At the moment the only international flights operated by Silk air arrive from Singapore on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. However Manado as a hub for North Sulawesi services many daily domestic flights from Jakarta, Makassar, Ternate, Denpasar, Surabaya, Balikpapan and many others. We will be happy to arrange your transfer at anytime.
2. Yes, Divers Lodge Lembeh provides electricity round the clock.
3. There is free WiFi in the lounge area. If necessary it is possible to use one of our computers in the office. If you want to print your flight tickets, itineraries, etc., we will be happy to do it for you.
4. We accept transfers on our bank account in the Netherlands in Euros, as well as transfers to our bank in Indonesia in Euros, US dollars and Rupiah. Payments via Pay Pal are also possible.
5. Diving in Lembeh is great in any season. In July and August the water temperature drops a little to be as low as 25-27°C but many critters come up to the shallower areas. It is a great time to see baby frogfish of many different colors. From the end of March to October it is also impossible to dive on the ocean side of Lembeh due to strong wind and high waves. At that time it is also more difficult to go to Bangka archipelago.
6. Divers Lodge Lembeh is very proud that we can make your diver’s dream come true: diving from a Private Boat with a Private Guide, at very affordable rates. Diving whenever and as often as you want. You make the schedule, Divers Lodge Lembeh says: “Fine, no problem”. Also with our, even more budget friendly, “shared boat” options you can get the best out of your stay at Lembeh Strait. Our Unlimited diving package is a great opportunity for an intensive exploration of Lembeh Strait. However for safety reasons we do not allow our guests to dive more than 5 times a day. Also the time limit is from 07.30 – 20.00 with one night dive included.
7. There is never 100 percent guarantee with malaria but in Lembeh we have never had any malaria cases among our guests. The risk of malaria is much lower than in Papua. The bungalows can be kept free of insects very easily. Mosquito repellent is provided in each bungalow.
8. No deco profiles. Our guides don’t touch or harass underwater creatures and we appreciate if our guests don’t do that either. There are many stinging fish and coral in Lembeh strait and divers have to pay special attention not to get stung or bitten.
9. We offer Nitrox 32 at IDR 60.000/EUR 4.00* per tank
10. Not used pre-booked and pre-paid dives, birding trips and other programs can be refunded for 50%.
We advice our guests to buy a good diving insurance covering all problems that might happen during a diving trip.
11. In Divers Lodge there is no single occupancy surcharge for the bungalows Paniki and Tupai.
12. In Manado, a 2-hour drive from Bitung